Thursday, November 5, 2015

Love Livin

Love Livin isnt mentioned much here because they mainly do the same menu every week and I am trying not to repeat myself. Their food is 100% vegan which saves me constantly asking, "Is it vegan?" A pointless question I've come to learn. Mondays at Love Livin are Soup & Salad, Tuesdays can be a surprise, like this incredibly delicious combo of Soy Chunks and String Beans I enjoyed this week...
Wednesday is Roti day. Their Soy Chunks version made me understand why people like Roti...
Thursday is the most important day of the week...
I find the prices quite reasonable for the quality and quantity of food...
Friday is Stir-Fry which I've shown before, so instead, here are some Chickpeas and Cabbage from last week...
they make fantastic Smoothies starting at 9am. Below is a Kale Smoothie with Banana and Coconut. Perfect for when you think you are gonna drop dead from the heat...
Spirulina Popcorn is $5/quart bag...Lately, I've been doing a bag a day...
If you have a sweet tooth like me, there are Whole Wheat Coconut Tarts $4...
another plus is that Iguanas are usually hanging around the premises...
here is a beautiful flower blooming around the island these past few weeks...
So Love Livin might not get mentioned much, but I am almost always eating something from there. Bye for now.

12 comments:

  1. I've never had roti, but I imagine it to a sturdy tortilla type of situation. The soy chunks do look good, as do the veggies!

    Describe the spirulina popcorn... I imagine it to be herbal in flavor.

    Is it still hot there?!

    Feel free to post your eats from Love Livin - especially when they are picturesque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Spirulina Popcorn is very flavorful. There is some oil on it to make it go down real easy. I think it is always gonna be hot here, unless something really strange happens.

      Delete
  2. The food looks great, but to clarify the prices. Lasagna and two sides, would that be $12.00, or lasagna $7 and two sides $12 totalling $17.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lasagna with two sides would be $12, but, be careful, the juices from the sides will come in contact with the Lasagna and alter the taste.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, post about them more often, please! Those coconut tarts looked especially good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing all of the iguanas. That one pictured is a big one! I've never had roti, but I really want to try. There;s something comforting about being able to depend on something, and also sometimes it's nice not to have to choose between a million different options! The coconut tart looks and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Roti is rolling out across the country like Chipotle. There were some franchises in the D.C. area but I never tried it till I got here.

      Delete
  5. I love that cute iguana!

    All the food looks like good, honest nosh...nothing beats a tasty slice of lasagna.

    I totally have to try spirulina popcorn, what an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spirulina Popcorn is an awesome idea. Plus it is fun to have green fingers when you finish.

      Delete
  6. I would definitely be a repeat customer too! The prices sound very reasonable to me, especially if it's that good. The popcorn sounds like a good snack- must be something more on it than just spirulina if it's yummy... (Straight up spirulina is not yummy!) and that whole wheat coconut thing looks delicious! Nice gob of coconut stuff.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh yum!! Looks amazing! I'm most intrigued about the spirulina popcorn! I am not a huge fan of spirulina but I feel like I might enjoy it more if it were transferred into my face via popcorn! Really great looking meals all around.

    ReplyDelete