Friday, March 25, 2016

A Good Friday

The Mr. had today off, so I took a vacation day as well. Went to Bleuwater at the Ritz Carlton to see what they had for breakfast...
it was an AYCE buffet that is $22 if you dont get the hot foods ($35 if you do get the hot foods)...
the Grilled Artichokes were gone by the time I came back to take this pic...
none of the sweet breads were vegan...
I could have partaken of Champagne I think, but just had a big glass of Orange Juice...
they had a bunch of these Coconut Milk Yogurts, but, again, I didnt partake...
cute Syrups...
I was overwhelmed and screwed up, just toasted a Bagel and put Grilled Onions and Tomatoes on it with Mushrooms and Olives on the side. Next time I will know better how to pick and choose...
on the plus side, I finally saw an infinity pool, so I can knock that off my bucket list. The chairs on the beach destroy the illusion a little...
around 3pm we went to Amalia Cafe. Enjoyed a glass of the Sangria...
their rolls are heavenly...
as is the Gazpacho...
my Ensalada Catalina without the egg, tuna and ham. That is a boiled Potato on the left. Really refreshing Salad...
A dainty Buttercup watching over us at home....
So it was a very good day for me. Bye for now.

6 comments:

  1. I don't care for buffets for several reasons, one being I always get overwhelmed and feel like I didn't really get what I wanted. I thought I was alone in that! I've never seen an infinity pool but I sure want to. I've always wondered how they work. Glad you got to see one. You guys are safe with Buttercup watching over everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buffets are tough for me also because I cant waste food. The food waste I witnessed there was horrible. Hopefully, someone somewhere at some of it. Still, now that I know what is offered, I hope to try again with a good plan of attack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally impressed they had coconut milk yogurt! The buffet looks amazing- I'm surprised it's so reasonably priced (for the Ritz!)- i once had lunch at a Ritz and my plate of pretty leaves was like $20.
    And gazpacho! And sangria!? Yeah, that was definitely a Good Friday day you had there ;))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yr house looks so light and airy! I wish there was more room for Haxan to jump around in here.
    The gazpacho does look fantastic. I bet you'll be eating a lot of that come summer.
    So did you pay for the AYCE buffet? OJ and a bagel, even with those pretty looking tomatoes on top seems pretty steep for $22.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, there is some major yum happening in the post! Everything looks delicious and with a beautiful view to match. I can't even describe my jealousy for all of your beachside views. It's so beautiful. And Buttercup is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The views from the hotel make the price tag worth it! I will often panic and end up with toast and fruit, when I could have been more adventurous- sounds like we both need practice!

    ReplyDelete