Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Lot Was Eaten Between Christmas and New Year's

Dang I have been gluttonous the last week....
Tofu Scramble with Hashbrowns at Shoreline Bar & Grille. They have been under new ownership for the past few months and been better for it...
not only is there now a hot vegan breakfast item available on the island on weekends, they have a great view. Not so much of Margaritaville, but the clear water, rainbow and pelicans were all enjoyed right from our seat on the waters edge...
I am on a neverending quest to learn to appreciate Eggplant, hence my ordering a Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Sandwich at Cafe Amalia. The first bites were outstanding, not like Eggplant at all, but towards the end, it got to be too much...
located in Palm Passage, such a beautiful setting for dining...
another great meal was had at The Lanai at Limetree Beach. The Roasted Cauliflower with Siracha was a big enough portion for sharing...
my 'Miso Salad' with Cucumber, Radishes, Tomatoes, Tofu and Tortilla Strips was fresh and crunchy...
a beautiful setting at Bluebeards Beach Club....
yesterday, we took the ferry to Tortola and had Vegetable Roti at
Sebastian's...
this is Sebastian's...
the view of Jost Van Dyke from Sebastian's...
a pic of Cane Garden Bay in Tortola...
Tortolan Pelicans. Thanks for looking and Happy New Year! Bye for 2016.

10 comments:

  1. What great meals!! That tofu scramble really looks wonderful, how exciting to have that as a weekend option now-especially with such a great view. I can't imagine that being able always eat outdoors with a view of the beach would ever get old...
    and that roti looks like it's worth a special trip to get- especially with even more great views! I bet those are some happy pelicans.
    Happy new year to you and your family!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont believe eating outside will get old, but sometimes you have to take into account whether you feel like sweating profusely whilst dining. Some days you gotta go for air conditioned comfort and just look at your instead.

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Those views are so breathtaking!! I love eggplant when it's made by other people, but I struggle with cooking it correctly. That tofu scramble and also the vegetable roti look so delicious!! Man I would love to see pelicans in their natural habitat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume there is a lot of preparation to make Eggplant not so Eggplanty. The Pelicans are really awesome. I often feel envy while watching them.

      Delete
  3. What an amazing post! There is so much great stuff going on here. The meals all look incredible, especially that scramble and the Miso Salad. Yum! That's great that you enjoyed at least a few bites of the eggplant. I agree with vegan peace, it's so much better when prepared by other people.

    The views are absolutely gorgeous and I love the rainbow picture! The water is so clear and blue and gorgeous. So jealous :)

    Happy New Year to you and your entire crew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came for the beauty. There is much to be found.

      Hapoy New Year to you!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gossshhhh that roti looks so good! There is one place here in a heavily Caribbean neighborhood that makes them and ahhh they're incredible. I can imagine how good yrs are. Are there soy chunks in it?
    Good goin on the eggplant too. You'll come around.
    Beautiful views as well.
    Happy healthy new year to all of you in the VI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta get to Trinidad for the real Roti. Maybe on your honeymoon cruise. This Roti at Sebastians just had Veggies, but there is a local place that uses Soy Chunks, thanks for the reminder.

      Happy New Year to all of you in all the boroughs!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous views! I'm glad you two were able to be out and enjoy them - I'm hoping you took vacation days, so you could lounge about and enjoy!

    I just can't with eggplant. We're not friends. It's slimey, and I don't do slimey.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel obligated to try try try to like Eggplant. It is my vegan duty.

      Happy New Year!

      Delete