Thursday, October 6, 2016

Matthew Missed Us

Although the demon storm may circle back, thankfully, it has thus far spared us except for some always-needed rain. So here is some fantastic BBQ Tofu with Steamed Cabbage enjoyed at Trenchtown Rock on Sunday. There was a cruise ship in that day, otherwise I believe they are usually closed on Sundays...
Smoked Tofu and 'Pickled Vegetables' carried out from The Smoking Rooster. This a very meat oriented restaurant, but if they are going to make the effort to smoke Tofu, I will show that there is a demand for it. They did a great job on the Tofu and $5 for the portion you see is an excellent value. Plus they use bio-degradable carryout containers, so I will patronize them again...
below is a recent attempt at a Tomato Sandwich. Calvin's photo bomb was better than the Tomato...
Buttercup observing all...
and now for some recent underwater pics. There are certain fish I always take pics of whenever I see them, the Rock Beauty is one of them. Believe it or not, that big thing next to her is a Giant Barrel Sponge, which is a major component of their diet. It takes hundreds of years for the Sponge to get so big...
here she is playing hide and seek with me...
I finally left her alone..
Below is a Basket Star attaching itself to the finger of our dive master. This creature is a relative of the Star Fish...
Lots more to come. Bye for now.

8 comments:

  1. I'm grateful to hear that you were unaffected by the hurricane! Is there a time limit until you can dive again, or can get down there right after the storm passes? I would imagine lots of life has been moved or disturbed. I love that Basket Star, and Rock Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! The Dept of Natural Resources tests the beaches after big rains to let folks know which are unsafe. For divers, they dont need to worry cuz they are usually boated well away from shore for the dives.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that you are safe and that you were not hit! I love all of the critter pictures, sweet Calvin melts my heart every time. Great picture of Buttercup and the dive pictures are gorgeous as always. I'm hoping that Matthew keeps on moving and doesn't circle back and will continue to keep you in my thoughts until all is clear! My friend in Florida is hunkered down and safe as of right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am relieved to hear your friend in Florida made it through okay. He may be the only person I (sort of) know in Florida. Hope you a getting your sh*t together.

      Delete
  3. I love the picture of buttercup, so hilarious! And I love seeing Molly's cute little multi colored legs in the background! All the tofu on the island always looks so delicious! I hope Matthew stays away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea how all these restaurant keep Tofu in the menus down here. It is almost $4/pound in the grocery stores. I refuse to pay more than $1.50/pound.

      Delete
  4. Whew...! I was thinking about you with all the news about the hurricane. That bbq tofu looks great! Smoked tofu is maybe my favorite but i've never had it fresh from a smoker like that, i bet it's even better. Nice that they use eco friendly packaging.
    I order in from green symphony to work all the time, especially since i have gotten several coworkers hooked on it too :)) i''ve been fighting a cold this week and trying to kick it with tons of green juice and sleep this weekend.
    Your fish photos are so beautiful !! Love how yellow that guy is
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first experience with Smoked Tofu and it is definitely very tasty. Back in Virginia I toyed with the idea of getting a Smoker just for Tofu, but never did. Really unique flavor.

      Did you beat your cold or did the cold win?

      Delete