Sunday, August 28, 2016

Cafe Amalia

Like a lot of establishments this time of year, Meson Amalia had been closed for several weeks for vacation. Finally reopened last week and our lunch there yesterday was wonderful as ever. I ordered a half a carafe of Sangria for myself, which somehow was interpreted as a full carafe. Oh well, gotta stay hydrated...
had to do the Gazpacho...
fresh Bread...
my Ensalada Catalana...
afterwards, we admired a gorgeous tree next to the restaurant...
below are a couple pics from diving on Friday. Banded Butterfly Fish...
and a Flamingo Tongue Snail on some Fan Coral...
I am hoping the upcoming three day weekend will provide new blog fodder. Bye for now.

7 comments:

  1. Incredible diving photos! The Mister breaking the old camera was the best thing to have happen! Really gorgeous.

    I've considered making a half batch of gazpacho before tomato season is out, and I think your meal above has confirmed my desires!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that poor first camera. Such a waste:-(

      That is amazing you want to make more Gazpacho. I had to keep trying Gazpacho in restaurants for years before finally deciding I liked it.

      Delete
  2. The Flamingo Tongue Snail is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, they are endangered cuz their prettiness causes divers and snorklers to take them as souveniers.

      Delete
  3. I'm a little obsessed with your diving pictures if I'm being totally honest. They are so beautiful! I love ocean life so much but I feel like I'd be too afraid to dive. I love that you go, I can live vicariously through you :)

    Amazing looking meal, the sangria looks delicious and so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine the great pics you could take underwater! You can do a 'discover' dive next time you are in Florida to see how you like it. Shouldnt cost more than $60 to try it out.

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous meal! There was a lot of ice in sangria anyhow so a full carafe must have been the same as a half just with ice ;)
    I made some of the best gazpacho ever with backyard tomatoes in CA
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete