Saturday, August 20, 2016

Love Livin

I havent mentioned Love Livin in a long time, so here are some nutritious meals I recently enjoyed from them...
Kale, Eggplant (they know how to make it not taste like Eggplant so it is good), 'chicken' in Tomato Sauce and Quinoa...
BBQ Tofu, Bulgur, Broccoli and Curried Cauliflower...
their Pumpkin Fritters are $1/per and make a great breakfast with Field Roast Sausages...
tried this Coconut Creme Filled Dark Chocolate Bar this week...
not as great as I was hoping. Probably wont get again...
some new-to-me vegan Mayo for sale at Fruit Bowl. If it is still around when I run out of my current supply of vegan Mayo, I will try it...
also spotted at Fruit Bowl: Raw Cocoa. Dont know what one would do with it...
Lizard eggs! A repairman took apart the downstairs air conditioning unit to try to figure out why it wasnt working. These werent the culprit, but they were found inside. I put them outside in hopes they will hatch. Lots more to come. Bye for now.

8 comments:

  1. What great veggie packed meals! Those pumpkin fritters do seem perfect for breakfast. I love how many vegan mayos are being made now by non-vegan companies, i think that makes it much more approachable for the general public. And sir kensington stuff is freaking amazing.
    The raw cocoa beans are odd-i can imagine eating them as is, but i guess some people want to grind their own cocoa powder?
    How did you ever figure out those were lizard eggs...?

    It's slightly less hot here lately, I'm literally counting down to my flight to CA next weekend...! Looking forward to a break from work, seeing my family and eating All The Tomatoes.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, now that you tell me the Sir Kensington Mayo is amazing, it is no longer on the shelf. I am trusting the AC repairman that those were lizard eggs, but they could be something more sinister and the joke is on me. Did not seem to be dangerous. Feeling jealous if the home grown Tomatoes. There are few things better. Hope you dont get sun burnt.

      Delete
  2. I've heard great things about the fabanaise, but I've yet to run across it in any store I've been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very far out if loop on new vegan items it seems.

      Delete
  3. Oooh what great looking meals!! I love how many vegan options you are finding there, definitely great news! Too bad the chocolate wasn't that great, it looks and sounds amazing.

    How cool about the lizard eggs! I hope that they hatch, that would be amazing! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some vegan items make it down here cuz they werent a hit on the mainland. That is the impression I get. So far the eggs havent hatched;-(

      Delete
  4. How cool! I hope their Mama or Papa or whoever protects the eggs return, and you can see them hatch! I wonder how Mama lizard found her way in there...

    That sounds like my kind of eggplant. I'm not a fan of it, so if they can make it not taste like eggplant - sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the lizard eggs were moved from the AC unit to next to the washer/dryer. I am thinking Mama Lizard may not make the connection, but who knows? Glad to hear I am not the only vegan who does not appreciate Eggplant.

      Delete