Thursday, June 16, 2016

Garmisch

In Garmisch, I stayed at the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten.The hotel has balconies and the employees dress in traditional German garb...
my room...unfortunately, it was too chilly to sit on the balcony...
the bathroom...
the point...
non-vegan Gummi Bears on the pillow..
the view from my balcony...
looking in the other direction...
Late lunch/early dinner was at Kunstklamm16...
it is a female owned business, she makes a single hot item daily...
yesterday's special was Pesto Pasta with Peas and Carrots. Freshly grated Horseradish on top...
below sort of gives you an idea of the view (I dined Al Fresco)...
the dessert board...I got a piece of Chocolate Cake to go...
a view down the street from her restaurant...
here are a few other pics around town...that is St. Martin's Church steeple in the background...
this Kronner Cafe was extremely popular...
I popped into Denn's Biomarket and they had a lot of cool stuff like vegan Pretzels...
vegan cookies...
Sandwiches...
a vast array of vegan meats...
Pity I cant try the Schnitzel...
beautiful fresh Sprouts...
enjoyed my Chocolate Cake in the room last night watching CNN (the only English channel)...
the room cost 72 Euros and that included breakfast this morning...
there was a lot of fruit, granola, breads, juice...
these little vegan spreads...
I went with the Sweet Pepper and Herb Spread. It was not super fantastic...
then it was off to the train station...
Next stop: Munich.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that view!! How incredible! How did I not know that Germany was so beautiful? Definitely on my list of places to visit now. Everything looks really delicious as well. I really want one of those pretzels, ha!

    Safe travels to your next destinations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everytime I see someone eating a pretzel, I think of you. i will get one in Franfurt for sure.

      Delete
  2. Garmisch is so beautiful! I'm going to look up info about the city, as I've never heard of it before! It's kind of like the quintessential German town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming town! The carrot pesto pasta looks tasty-hope the weather warms up for you. What an amazing selection of vegan meats! I never would have thought germany had such a selection from what friends have told me about visiting..
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete