Friday, June 17, 2016

Greetings from Salzburg

This is a view of the city from the fortress, Festung Hohensalzburg...
a lousy picture from town of the castle up on the hill. Walking up there was more difficult than I remember, I advise taking the tram...
I had a fantastic time exploring the city, but there is just too much to show. Basically, Mozart was born here and everything wonderful and beautiful is here...
there is no end to the inspired art and architecture...
I am not even posting a fraction of the pics I took, so you're welcome...
even the outskirts of town are goegeous (taken from the castle)...
the Salzburg Cathedral...
okay, enough, on to the food. So when I arrived in town, it was nasty and cold. I stumbled upon this place, Mangoes...
they spoke a little English, I went with the Asiatischer Tomateneintopf...
basically like a Tomato Coconut Curry with Rice and Vegetables. It was nice to have hot and spicy food after coming in from the rain and chill...it hit the spot so to speak...
lunch was at Hans W...
very austere interior..
my Vegan Sausage with Mango Ketchup...tasty...
dinner was carried out from Spicy Spices
I was running out of Euros and could only afford the takeaway special...
they had interesting vegan items for sale, but again, cash only...
this was the special for eight euros. It was decent enough...
cant resist posting a picture of this street performer appearing to levitate himself...
or these flowers growing through the stones walls of the castle...
I plan to post from Frankfurt tomorrow. auf Wiedersehen für jetzt

5 comments:

  1. I've commented on your previous posts, as I'm not sure how I missed them! But, these are gorgeous photos, and thank you for sharing your trip!!

    It's like Salzburg never ages! It looks like Julie Andrews was just there, and it's the same as when I visited as a teen! The architecture and the street performers, too! I tend to forget that many places are not as credit friendly, I hope you can get to a bank soon! Your meals have been so appealing, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got to go to Salzburg. It has not changed since I was there last, it only gets better. Hope you can return again.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I am catching up on the Germany posts now, so cool! You really are seeing a lot. The cathedral and outskirts are wonderful shots. What an amazing country; i know so little about it.
    Nice lookin sausage. I would imagine Germany goes all out on vegan meats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would imagine correctly. I just wish i could try all the faux meats (I know you arent a fan).

      Delete
  3. What beautiful views! I swear there is not one bad angle! Everywhere you turn it is more beautiful. I've been loving following along with you on this adventure. I imagine you are exhausted, you have been doing so much!

    The food still looks incredible! Hopefully you can get to a bank soon so you don't have to worry and can just get whatever you feel like having! Those chocolate flavors sound so good. I love how clearly everything is labeled!

    ReplyDelete