Thursday, June 16, 2016

Greetings from Munich

I arrived in Munich around 9:30 this morning and headed to the Marienplatz, a 15 minute walk from the train station. The weather was sunny and hazy...
below is the Glockenspiel. Had to see it one last time before I die...
statue of the Virgin Mary...
hoofed it past the Residenz...
to arrive at the Katzentempel....
Vegan restaurant and temple of cats...
below is Jack, he lost his right leg in traffic, but they say it doesnt seem to hinder his ability to enjoy life...
the cats snooze...
and snooze....
and snooze...
the food is as fantastic as the felines...
My Seitan and Avocado Sandwich...utterly superb...
then more walking and walking...there are a good amount of street performers to enjoy...
Went to the Viktualienmarkt, just around the corner from the Marienplatz...
there are lots of food vendors...
exotic fruits and vegetables...
tons of Asparagus, aka Spargel...
gorgeous produce...just too much to capture. A great place to shop if you have a kitchen...
flower sellers...
Edelweiss...
more walking around....this guy was yodeling and selling CDs of his yodels....
but this guy was the absolute best:
it was hard to get through the crowds to see him...
besides looking like an old bronze statue, he was able to make water pour out of his cup whenever he wanted. Super cool...
There is lots more but you get the idea. In retrospect, instead of going to Garmisch, I should have scheduled two days in Munich. Live and learn. Assuming I find WiFi, I will post from my next city: Salzburg! auf Wiedersehen für jetzt

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm in awe of how beautiful Munich is, all of the buildings are so gorgeous. I especially love the first picture, really beautiful. I want to live in that cafe! The food looks great too! You're really getting to connect with lots of animals, and it seems like you're finding great vegan food too!
    I don't know if I could handle a whole cd of yodeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point on the yodeling. How can there be an entire CD of it? now I wish I had bought one to see how he did it.

      Delete
  2. Munich is absolutely stunning! You have captured it so beautifully, thank you so much for sharing! I still can't believe how vegan friendly Germany is. I'm really impressed and I love how they make it so clear too.

    I would love to spend some time in those markets... especially if I had a kitchen! The produce looks so fresh and beautiful. That seitan and avocado sandwich looks amazing, definitely satisfying I'm sure!

    I'm really enjoying traveling along with you! Do you speak German fluently? Just a little?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not at all expecting the huge fresh produce all over, Definitely would work out well if one were doing an airbnb with a kitchen. I dont speak German but most here appear to speak at least enough English to answer questions and give directions. I have picked up that Brot=Bread.

      Delete
  3. Seriously gorgeous produce! I've only been to Munich once, and it was in October, very dreary and rainy! These beautiful pictures certainly make it more appealing! I just realized I haven't seen a beer photo.... Doesn't one have beer in Germany?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a beer in Heidelberg. I am surprised I havent had more. Gotta get beer and pretzels tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lot of walking! Great looking lunch and what a pretty and generous salad with it. I can't believe you're just in each city for a day, that's exhausting!
    I never have understood the fascination with white asparagus but maybe i just need to go have it in germany- with such a fabulous market it would be great to cook there.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete